I just came across the review of what seems to be a great little book with a philosophy that us at Avanti Interactive always keep in mind as we go about our daily business. It is called "The Go-Giver: A Little Story About A Powerful Business Idea".
Here are the five laws outlined in the "Five Laws of Stratospheric Success:"
- The Law of Value. Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation. Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence. Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people's interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity. The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity. The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
We believe these five laws humanize our daily lives and keep us centered because when we truly serve others we serve ourselves. You can find more information about this book here http://www.thegogiver.com/.