Mobile Marketer's Dan Butcher interviewed David Katz, vice president of North America at Yahoo Mobile, who revealed part of Yahoo's strategy for mobile. Below are some mobile tips from the conversation.
1. Pitch cross-platform buys: Most of the RFPs that Yahoo sees have mobile.
2. Assemble an integrated sales force: People that sell PC ads sell mobile ads.
3. Have a mobile specialist sales force but don't force advertisers to deal with multiple sales people to buy mobile.
4. Local is huge, use it: Mobile search results blocks away from you at a time of day.
5. Be platform agnostic: Go where users go.
6. Offer rich-media: Advertisers love ads like expanding ad units and mobile video.
7. Partner with local sales forces: Interface with local merchants.
Read the full story here.
David Katz: “For a long time we’ve been saying next year is the year of mobile advertising, but this year we’re saying last year was it, 2009 was the breakout year.”